THAI WATER 2013, the 2nd international exhibition providing working solutions in water, waste-water technology and water resource management will present exciting opportunities for businesses - not only in Thailand - but for all countries in the ASEAN region. And this will only grow as the Asean Economic Community (AEC) - a market of almost 600 million - transforms the area into a huge free-trade zone by 2015.
Running in conjunction with Pumps and Valves Asia and Entech Pollutec Asia, THAIWATER 2013 is part of the Asia Water series of exhibitions that will cover the entire ASEAN region. The show will benefit from the coming together of thousands of people who are concerned with environmental problems. This will automatically produce excellent networking opportunities as international business leaders and key government ministers meet in Bangkok – the most popular exhibition capital in the region.
THAI WATER 2013 has also been chosen as the site for the 2013 Thai Water Forum – a full day Seminar that will feature academics and executives who will cover the water and waste-water management situation in detail. This alone makes the show a must-attend event. Why not secure your space today?
You have come to the right place!
CURRENT ASEAN GOVERNMENT NEEDS AND POLICIES
Investing at least 150 billion baht in water management within the next 12 months and a further 350 billion through water management programs.1
Thai cabinet approved TOR to bolster water management. Minister of Science & rtechnology stated that consulting companies from around the world have been invited to propose concepts for water management in Thailand. Opportunities for businesses and entrepreneurs never better.2
It is estimated that over 78 million people will require improved water supply facilities. 73 million will also need improved sanitation services by 2015. Investment needed is estimated at US$450 million per year.3
In support of Vision 2020 ( achieving developed nation status) Malaysia will conserve & manage its water resources to ensure adequate /safe water for all.4
The Philippines Master Plan is projected to increase 3.8 times from the 1995 level of 1,958 m3 to 7,430m3 by 2025.5
The City/State plans to achieve water self-sufficiency by 2061. New and desalinated water will contribute 80% of needs. The remaining 20% will be from local catchment areas. Currently 60% of water is provided by catchments and imports from Malaysia.6
The National Water Resources Strategy covers up to 2020 and is targeted to provide treatment systems that meet environmental standards for 100% of urban centers, industrial parks & export-processing zones. Also, 100% of urban centers & 95% of rural population will have access to clean drinking water.7
Brunei’s national water management plan integrates structural and non-structural measures to secure water demand up to 2035. Measures range from infrastructure investment and maintenance to securing land for water catchments & conservation programs.8
The Cambodian National Policy on Water and Sanitation states that, “Every person in rural communities has access to safe water supplies and sanitation and must live in a hygienic environment by 2025.”9
Vientiane Water Supply Enterprise aims to increase water supply for 95% of the
population by 2015 & 100% by 2020.10
The Myanmar Water Resources Committee (MWRC) is formulating a strategic management plan for integration of water resources (IWRM) throughout the country.11
The above synopsis of ASEAN needs should convince you of the multiple opportunities available for businesses and entrepreneurs in this booming area. It all comes together at THAI WATER 2013 – the most important and comprehensive environmental water exhibition in the region.